In response to "Apologies,"
I felt this was almost required.
Because for every apology,
there are plenty of people that I haven't ever thanked.
Many overlap.
It's going to be another ongoing list,
so if "Apologies" wasn't your cup of tea,
keep moving.
But this is just as important,
and I already know that at least one is about you.
To those who told me I couldn't do it,
you pushed me to be the person that I am today.
Every insult, ever demeaning remark, ever pull down
just pushed me further into my future.
Thank you.
To those who told me I could do it,
you helped me get back up when I fell flat.
You challenged me to surpass what I had already done,
even when I didn't think I could do it.
Thank you.
To those who stuck by me during rough times,
you were an amazing friend, and I couldn't ask for more.
All I can hope is that I have the ability to repay you
if the time comes.
Thank you.
To those who inspired me,
you mean more to me that you realize.
The things you do and tell me have helped me through
the hardest times in my life.
Thank you.
To those who made my heart jump,
you know who you are.
You made me realize that the world isn't full of vile people
and even as a teenager, happiness can be found.
Thank you.
To those who ripped my heart apart,
it might sound weird that I'm thanking you,
but each heart break proved to me that
I don't have to rely on another person to be happy.
Thank you.
To those who taught me,
I try to take everything that I learn and use it
in some form or fashion.
Every situation is a learning situation.
Thank you.
To those who gave me another chance,
God knows that I have had some rocky friendships,
and I am more grateful then you know for
the chance to redeem myself.
Thank you.
To those who tormented me in middle school,
you don't realize how much you changed me.
I'm stronger know then I ever could have been,
simply because you threw all that petty drama my way.
Thank you.
To those who insult me,
you help me realize my faults,
and I strive to change them.
Even though you deliver them in a slightly rude way, life isn't ever pretty.
Thank you.
To those who read my writing,
the fact that you keep coming back for more
does so much that you can't comprehend the magnitude
of importance you have to me.
Thank you.
To those who I call fellow thespians,
I probably thank you most of all.
Some of my best moments have happened amongst theatre kids,
and all of you mean so much to me that I can't ever fully express it.
Thank you.
To those who I call fellow Boy Scouts,
the skills that you have taught me far exceed fire building and how to use a knife.
Scouting has opened tons of doors for me,
and if I worked for forever and a day, I couldn't ever repay you.
Thank you.
To those who I have met through my church,
you are the chain that keeps me from falling into the endless pit of high school drama.
From choir to youth and everywhere in between,
you have pulled me off the edge.
Thank you.
To my sister,
the fact that you get your own entire stanza should say enough,
but I'm going to break the template just for you.
You fit into almost every category above.
You love me when no one else does.
You help me when no one else can.
You pull me up when everyone else shoots me down.
You laugh with me when everyone else laughs at me.
You laugh at me when I need to laugh at myself.
You taught me that country is the best genre of music.
You inspire me to reach for greater heights.
You calm me down when I'm about to explode.
You are the best sibling one could ask for, and most certainly not the one that I deserve.
You won't ever let me make up all the things that you did for me, because you love me too much.
You are the best thing that I have in my life.
You are my best friend.
Thank you.
As I said, it's not going to stop here.
"Apologies" and "Thanks" will keep growing.
If you know what you did to me,
you know which ones apply to you.
There's only one thing left to say.
Thank you.
You probably don't get comments here much, do you? You're an admirable person, with many good traits. I'm proud I've worked with you in the past, and hope to work with you in the future.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! Please feel free to contact me if you want to work together!
ReplyDelete